Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Red Bucket



sold

This was a little moment in front of a cafe in NYC. What is the purpose of the red bucket? I have no clue, but it looks good there.

I am still painting away in Germany, but have wiped off half my landscapes so far. Plein air is HARD! This morning, after a particularly terrible attempt, I had to sit down and cry a little before I could go on. I think I'll do that more often, as the next two paintings weren't half bad. : )

To the right is a quick little bonus study that I'm starting at $1.

sold

6 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Both engaging and striking. Love your city scenes. As for the plein air, I feel your pain! I prefer doing quick studies outdoors as a reference and to capture the feeling. They finish or do another in my studio. :-) Hang in there. You are uber talented and so loved. xoxo

Barbara Pask said...

You are right , plein air is hard. If I come home with a decent painting that's just a bonus. Love that red glow from the bucket, very interesting painting. Have a wonderful time on vacation.

Stephanie Berry said...

Your café looks quite abstract--I like the geometric shapes. I agree plein air is hard which is why I rarely do it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The quality and volume of your work is very inspiring. I look forward to your book.

Anonymous said...

Bucket of water for passing dogs?
bucket of sand to put out cigarettes?
door prop?
love your stuff anyway, no explanations needed!
Harry from Holland

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Carol, just love your umbrella, and cityscapes! You are master of every subject!!! Your work never ceases to amaze me!