Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Remembered Walk


sold

The last place we lived in Texas was in a forest. We loved to take walks in our neighborhood, which basically looked like this. The trees were mostly Blackjack Oak and Loblolly Pine. It was very unique for Texas, and despite it being very hot for half the year, we loved it. Unfortunately this is the very forest that burned down three years ago, along with our house. I am told there is only a small part of the forest left. It's very sad. I did this from a photo.

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT!

Laurel Daniel said...

Clearly a much loved scene, Carol - gorgeous colors and delicious marks. It makes me so sad to remember the fire... wishing you were still here in Texas making that walk! Miss you! XOXO

Paintings by Patricia said...

My sister lives in Tyler, Texas; in the woods. Driving up to her home looks just like this. Thanks for the memories.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the colors...We may be moving to Austin soon, and I'm sad to hear such a gorgeous forest has been destroyed (along with your house).

Barbara Muir said...

Love the painting.

Take care,

Barbara