Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Convening on Blue


sold

Since yesterday's worked out so well, I thought I'd give it another go (uhh, before yesterday's got so popular). To be safe I stuck with the same relative composition and colors, and exaggerated some but a little less. I'll let you be the judge, but I will definitely be playing around with this concept more.

Meanwhile, I've become completely obsessed with figure drawing. I went to another session tonight - a smaller one with better light. Here are the last 2 poses - I think 20 and 25 minutes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's true -- white really is color!

Unknown said...

Carol, I love your colors and composition. I also think your figure drawings are excellent!
I bought your book about a week ago (wonderful, by the way) and also had my husband make me a box like yours to work on some still life. I'm very excited!

Anonymous said...

Love both the painting and drawings! I'm currently in Life Drawing class and will be drawing from models and learning anatomy. People are my favorite subjects with so many challenges to draw accurately as it's easy to spot little errors. So fun to do!

Jeanne Aten said...

You are an inspiration to me. It is so freeing to read your book and feel that anything is possible as long as I keep playing at the easel.
Your figure drawing is gorgeous...keep at it! Look forward to seeing the paintings that evolve from you practice.