Saturday, March 28, 2015

Little Miss Sunshine


Click Here to Bid (6x6in.)

Another alpaca, this one a bit silly.

Thank you all for the many recommendations about what to do with my piles of gray!! My favorite was to buy empty tubes from Dick Blick and store the paint there until I need it. I think I may keep them in the freezer too, just to be on the safe side. I'm also thinking of buying some little pill organizers and putting any paint that's on my palette in there (and then in the freezer) when I go on trips.

Last night I attended a local show that several of my friends were in. The paintings were all landscape and I got totally inspired by them! I came home and did an experimental landscape from a photo, and then painted all day outside with friends. I'll post those soon.

4 comments:

PJ Cook said...

I like the pops of pink color that you left in the background, it's great.

Unknown said...

Loooove this one!!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this. There are some llamas near me here and I love their big soulful eyes.

Denise Delgado said...

I transfer my leftover paint from my big working palette to a piece of plexiglass about 8x10. I put it a shallow plastic box, covered with water. It sinks and the paint piles stays fresh. No air can get to it.
I paint daily, so I'm not really sure how long it will keep. Keep it covered too. One of my dogs once licked an entire fresh painting off a board. Not sure if they might lap up the water.