Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Flo the Rose


Click Here to Bid (6x6in.)

Another tip for roses: paint the glow first (if there is glow - there isn't always). I've mentioned this before, but I thought this one would be a great example. Because the yellow is the glow on this one. So I painted the yellow bits first - lighter in the middle and darker where it goes into the shadow (because that's what I saw). Then I painted all the rest, still painting the biggest chunks first.

I got some frames the other day, one each of all the colors of panel frames from the CanvasPlace.com (mentioned before). If I were to have installed them properly, I would have used my little velcro circles on each corner, but these are just temporary, so you can see the colors. They're quite sturdy and nice looking too. I highly recommend them!

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVELY painting!

Caroline Greene said...

The clarity of light in your paintings and particularly this one is magical. You're so generous in sharing your processes, Carol, and it's fascinating to read about them. The simplicity of the frames is perfect for these little gems too.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Gorgeous gorgeous light on that rose!

Question... are you 'floating' those paintings in the frames, or just regular?