Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Winding Uphill


Click Here to Bid (8x10in.)

I've decided to pre-post my remaining paintings so I don't have to interrupt my vacation so often to get on my computer. Also, I won't be able to ship anything (books or paintings) until (at the latest) July 8th. I probably won't be great about answering emails in a timely manner either. My apologies!

This is another scene from California, walking up towards an "Eagle's View" that I talked about in an earlier post. I just loved the shadows coming down the grassy slope from these trees.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Really masterful way with the shadows, Carol! Have a great vacation!

Unknown said...

Carol, I've been visiting your blog for a few months now and I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your paintings, especially the landscapes and flowers. I love to enlarge them as much as possible and study all the strokes. I am particularly thankful for all of your roses. I have made several attempts to paint roses because they are beautiful, but they are so difficult to paint! But seeing your examples has given me renewed hope that it might not be as impossible as it seems!

And I love the tree in this one with the strokes of the blue sky in between. Well done.