Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fertile Valley


Click Here to Bid (6x12in. - click image to enlarge)

This is my second painting from Hood River. My friends and I were at a park that I'm pretty sure is called Panoramic Point. I was especially inspired by the fields of growing things (orchards, I think?). There was TONS to choose from, but no perfect scene, so I mixed and matched different elements from different parts of the view. It makes me very afraid every time I do this, but I seem to get better each time, and so less afraid.

After we left Hood River there was a plein air competition there. My friend Kathleen won first place with this beautiful painting, done from (I think) the same place, on a different day. You go girl!

5 comments:

Sherry Schmidt said...

What a beautiful view you've captured beautifully!

adebanji said...

This painting is one powerful piece!!!! Love it!!!

Rita Kirkman Daily Paintings and Art Journal said...

Oh WOW! So beautiful! Carol you are REALLY getting good that this landscape thing! (I'm a bit envious of your opportunities this year and how you've devoted your time to plein air.. I keep telling myself I'm gonna do that... ..as soon as...)

Sergio Lopez said...

Yes, it was called Panorama Point.

Katherine Hambley said...

hi carol, such a nice painting, i'm just curious, how long did it take you to paint this?