Saturday, May 07, 2016

Desert Oasis


sold. (6x12in. - click image to enlarge)

I took the photo reference for this one in Tucson 2 weeks ago, at Catalina State Park. I used a lot of what I learned from the various landscape demos I saw at the Plein Air Convention, tried some new things, and some new brushes. And I'm pretty thrilled with the result! More on this soon...

"Patterns in Pink" 12x12in. $700 - SOLD!
I also wanted to show you one of the paintings from my current show. My plan is to post them all here, eventually.

Also, I got a really nice write-up in the local paper about the show. They didn't get all the details exactly right, but the big picture is accurate. : )

6 comments:

Sue Harrell said...

Your show at the Karin Clarke Gallery is fabulous - your work is really beautiful, Carol. We're so pleased to be the proud new owners of "Patterns in Pink." We were drawn to the painting when we first walked in, then kept walking back to it and knew we had to have it! Lucky us!

Sandy Cox said...

These are both beautiful, Carol. I love what you did with Desert Oasis - beautiful color and brushwork!

Caroline Greene said...

Gorgeous, sun-filled, vibrant colours that read just right.

James M. Coulter said...

You landscape work is reaching new heights. Keep up the good work!

Carol Marine said...

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments! : )

Sue, I didn't know you guys bought that painting!! Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

you should be thrilled with Desert Oasis, it's a corker. awesome!